Subject: Re: Floppy disk progs
From: Dave Cole <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked] (Blitz)
Date: Thu, 28 Jul 1994 10:09:29 +1000 (EST)

>  When I then try running it from floppy, it loads the executable, then
>  it loads something from the harddrive (I don't know what), then continues
>  to load in the shapes from the floppy - and it runs ok.

>  I then tried it on my friends A1200 without a hard drive, and after loading
>  the executable it asks you to put in the workbench disk (or whatever you
>  booted with) and it loads something, then crashes.

>  The question is, what is it trying to load from the workbench disk?  And
>  why?  Surely once you've made an executable it should run as a stand-alone
>  program? 

>    Any clever people know whats going on?

Why don't you try running SnoopDOS, and see what it's loading??

Dave

-----------------------------------------------------------
Dave Cole                      | Please contact me for info 
[email-masked]  | about
[email-masked]   |        The Warhammer 
[email-masked]   |         Compendium
-----------------------------------------------------------